“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.” — J.D. Salinger

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)



Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)
Started: September 27th, 2013
Finished: September 30, 2013
Rating: 4 Stars
Should You Read It: Yes.

Written by: Cassandra Clare
Narrated by: Daniel Sharman

Book 3, you had a lot riding on you. You had the mediocre Book 1 to make up for and the captivating Book 2 to live up to and hopefully surpass. Well, one out of two ain't bad. Clockwork Princess is the conclusion to our story of Tess, Will, Jem and the rest of the cast. I liked it quite a bit more than Book 1 (see that review HERE), but not quite as much as Book 2 (with that review HERE). I wasn't keen on the way the conflict with the enemy that ran through the whole series came to an end. It seemed to quick and clean for my more, um, realistic tastes. (The irony is ridiculous, I can see that.) The series seems to have been centered on Tess, Will, and Jem with some conflict in the background to make their lives just that much more difficult. Guess if I wanted more "realistic" topics I shouldn't be too critical of the YA supernatural fiction I read and I should get myself to the library for something better suited. That being said, I do so love YA supernatural fiction. I did love how the book and series ended though, even it was too good to be true. 

I had put off reading this series for a long time because I was worried it wouldn't live up to Mortal Instruments. I am glad that I gave in and finally read it though, but Mortal Instruments is still top of my list of Clare's best series. I do plan on reading the The Bane Chronicles when they are released all together in 2014, and when I do, I will be sure to let you know what I think. 

Next on deck: Kiss 
Written by: Ted Dekker
This will be my first Ted Dekker book. I am excited to see what I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment