“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.” — J.D. Salinger

Monday, September 30, 2013

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)


Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)
Started: August 24th, 2013
Finished: August 27, 2013
Rating: 3 Stars
Should You Read It: Yes.

Written by: Cassandra Clare
Narrated by: Jennifer Ehle

The Infernal Devices series is a pre-quell to the Mortal Instruments series that Clare wrote (is writing). It is not a direct pre-quell. It is set in the 1800s in London with many names that Mortal Instrument readers will recognize. There were a lot of interesting parts in this book, and the story was intriguing but it didn't capture me the way that Mortal Instruments did. Through the book I found myself almost angry that the story seemed to be the same base story of Clary and Jace. Good girl meets bad boy and good boy and can't decide which one she likes more. Grrr. Anyway. I finished the book and was glad that I did. I enjoyed learning a bit more about the Shadowhunter history a bit more and meeting the people that had been referenced in the other series.

No comments:

Post a Comment