“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.” — J.D. Salinger

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2)


Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2)
Started: August 27th, 2013
Finished: August 30, 2013
Rating: 4 Stars
Should You Read It: Yes.

Written by: Cassandra Clare
Narrated by: Ed Westwick and Heather Lind

While Book 1 in this series left me wishing that it hadn't been mediocre, Book 2 finally picked up the ball and took off with the story. It picks up where Book 1 left off, which is great and it doesn't re-hash everything like some series do. Gold Star. The story now starts to pick up steam and activity. We get to know the characters better and understand why they do what they do. There are some twists and turns, enough to keep it interesting but still not so many that you feel like its getting ridiculous. There is love and loss and betrayal. Everything a good book needs.

One thing that I believe made this book stand out more than the first in the series is that Ed Westwick is one of the narrators. Ed Westwick could read me the phone book and I would hang on his every word. He is very talented at making the words of a book come alive and I find that the books that he narrates in the Mortal Instrument series are my favorites as well. He takes the stories to another level, just by the way he reads them. Ed Westwick can be my Will or Jace any day of the week!

All in all this book was a good one. I can't wait to see how the series ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment