“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.” — J.D. Salinger

Friday, August 30, 2013

Then She Read

I read. A quite a bit. 

Like, so far this year I have read* 82 books.  Not astronomical, but I think that is a pretty good number of books for a normal person. 

When I read I feel like I am part of the story, like the author just forgot to put my part in the book. I am the proverbial fly on the wall. I am the main character's best friend, the villain's worst enemy, only no one else knows I am there. In the background. 

Now people will know that I am there, just around the corner, hiding behind the curtains, just out of sight, and you will get to read about what I saw when I was there, in that book. 

Enjoy. 



*(When I say read, I mean listen to audiobooks. I do not have time in my life at this point to sit down and hold a real book in my hand and read, unfortunately. Audiobooks rock for this reason.)



No comments:

Post a Comment